Upgrade Sand Filters with Forty-X® Disc FiltersSee All Disc Filters
The Forty-X™ Disc Filter is a high-rate tertiary filter that requires a fraction of the footprint required by traditional sand filters. Designed with a unique woven stainless steel filter panel, the Forty-X Disc Filter uses an inside-out flow pattern that reduces backwash cycles and energy demand leading to lower lifecycle costs.
For applications requiring a higher solids loading capacity and greater hydraulic throughput, the Forty-X™ Disc Filter Armor series is recommended combining outside-in and inside-out filtration technology within one filtration unit. Influent water flows through an integrated pre-screen (outside-in) to woven stainless steel disc filter panels (inside-out), providing an effective and robust solution for challenging water and wastewater filtration applications.
The modular design of both the Forty-X Disc Filter and Forty-X Disc Filter Armor series provides a flexible and dependable filtration solution for tertiary filtration, municipal and industrial reuse/recovery, product recovery, process water filtration, and conventional filter retrofit applications.
Forty-X® Disc Filter Advantages
- 40% more filtration capacity when compared to flat panel designs
- Drop-in simplicity with little or no structural modifications
- Can accommodate existing hydraulic profile
- Increases capacity of an existing sand filter up to three times
- Easy operation and maintenance
- Suitable for water reuse
- Title 22 approved
Applications & Installation Options
- Expand filtration capacity
- Meet stricter effluent limits
- Retrofit traveling bridge filters
- Retrofit deep bed sand filters
- Retrofit into chlorination basins
- Retrofit into rectangular clarifiers